As the only professional and academic English periodical in the area of urban planning and design from China, China City Planning Review (CCPR) is jointly supported by the Urban Planning Society of China, the Center for Human Settlements of Tsinghua University, the School of Architecture of Tsinghua University, and the Beijing Tsinghua Tongheng Urban Planning & Design Institute Co. Ltd. Articles in CCPR mainly cover various studies on Chinese cities from the perspective of urban planning and design, including status quos, problems, trends, planning strategies and relative policies of their development. It offers the readers with different opinions and criticism from both home and abroad, giving a full understanding of what has happened or is happening in Chinese cities. The journal now has been indexed by CNKI, CSCD, EBSCO, and ProQuest, and includes columns such as Debates & Ideas, Theme Documents, Critical Insight, City Profile, Planner Profile, Book Review, etc.
1. Submitted articles should be written in English, to which remuneration will be paid, or in Chinese, to which neither remuneration will be paid nor translation fee will be charged.
2. Submitted articles should be in the format of Word. An abstract, keywords, and references should be included. References should be in accordance with the standard paper writing formats of the Harvard Reference System (please refer to the Appendix). Illustrations in the text should be submitted as PSD or JPG files in attachment, with a resolution of no less than 300*300 pixels.
3. Submitted articles should have 8,000 – 12,000 characters if in Chinese, or 5,000 – 8,000 words if in English, including notes and references. Articles for the column of Book Review should have around 4,000 characters if in Chinese and around 2,500 words if in English, and the book reviewed should be published in the latest 10 years.
4. The basemap used in submitted articles must be an official one published by the Ministry of Natural Resources (available at: http://bzdt.ch.mnr.gov.cn/index.html). If the submission is in English, please give preference to the English basemap. The basemap number must be indicated.
5. Submitted articles will be examined by the Editorial Department about the format and be evaluated for acceptance by the Editorial Board through peer review. The author(s) will be informed of the outcome within three months.
6. The submitted articles shall be original. The Editorial Department reserves the copyright in all languages (including the electronic publishing right) if the article is officially accepted for publication. The Editorial Department also reserves the right of revising and abridging the accepted articles. If the author(s) would like to publish this article in other languages, he/she shall obtain the agreement of the Editorial Department.
7. Submission platform entrance: https://csgy.cbpt.cnki.net/.
8. For other queries, please contact the Editorial Department at email@example.com.
Editorial Department of China City Planning Review
1. In-text references:
In the text, the references should be in parentheses (Surname 1 and Surname 2, year).
Append a lowercase letter to the year to distinguish between multiple publications from the same authors in the same year (e.g. 1999a, 1999b, etc.).
In case of more than two authors, use this format: (Surname 1, Surname 2, et al., year).
In case of more than one reference, use this format: (Surname 1, Surname 2, et al., year; Surname 3 and Surname 4, year).
From a book:
Surname A and Surname C (year). Title of a Book in Italics. City: Publisher, pp. 1 – 50.
From a Journal:
Surname A, Surname C, et al. (year). Title of an Article. Journal Name in Italics, 23 (4), pp. 2 – 42.